Friday, August 24, 2012

Reality check #... A lot

As the road trip is nearing its end, the reality of my move has set in more and more. At one point along the trip, I mentioned something about home and Anthony promptly replied with, "You don't have a home." Of course, he was only joking, but in a way it was true. I have officially left Pittsburgh.

Then, just now, I noticed that my computer was still set for eastern standard time. As I changed it to the correct time zone, it dawned on me that it was a permanent change. This is it, I have arrived to the west coast.

I apologize for not posting yesterday about our time in Las Vegas. In a word, it was awesome. I will tell you all about it, but right now I don't have the time to do the trip justice. It's currently Saturday morning in Hollywood, CA, and George and I are about to embark on the last leg of our journey to the Bay area.

Stay tuned for a couple more posts once I arrive in SF. I need to show you pictures from Vegas and LA, as well my new city, San Francisco. I will also write a post about what we learned on this road trip, and give you some pointers in case you're ever dumb enough to drive across the country when you can just fly.

With that, I'll leave you with the winner for "the road name with the highest ratio of difficulty of pronunciation to length of the word." Too bad you can't use proper nouns in Scrabble.

No comments:

Post a Comment